Slow Scan TV
What is HDSDR?
HDSDR is one of my favorite SDR software applications. It's easy to setup and fun to use. From the HDSDR website, HDSDR is a freeware Software Defined Radio (SDR) program for Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10. Typical applications are Radio listening, Ham Radio, SWL, Radio Astronomy, NDB-hunting and Spectrum analysis.
HDSDR (former WinradHD) is an advanced version of Winrad, written by Alberto di Bene (I2PHD).
- Separate large spectrum and waterfall display for input and output signals
- RF & AF spectrum and waterfall is optically zoomed to fit window width independently of FFT resolution bandwidth (RBW)
- Flexible and efficient usage of the screen area from 640x480 (Netbooks) up to unlimited
- Extreme low-speed waterfall - helpful for pattern noise detection or short wave condition monitoring
- AM, ECSS, FM, SSB and CW demodulation
- Basic transmit (TX) functionality in modes SSB, AM, FM & CW
- I/Q modulated signal pair for the TX input signal (Microphone) is produced on the TX output
- Squelch, noise reduction, noise blanker, adjustable band pass filter, anti-alias filter
- Automatic notch filter and up to 10 manual adjustable notch filters
- Record and playback RF, IF and AF WAV files with recording scheduler
- Frequency Manager for Eibi, Ham Bands, Radio Bands, User frequency lists
- DDE client for Ham Radio Deluxe, Orbitron, WXtrack, SatPC32 and Wisp (How-to)
- Omni-Rig support (CAT) to control additional hardware
- Support for various hardware through Alberto's (I2PHD) ExtIO DLL interface
- ExtIO frequency options for IF-Adapter, Upconverter, Downconverter, Undersampling and calibration
- All HDSDR program options can be stored and loaded per "profile", to ease use of different receivers
- Autocorrelation and cepstrum display for demodulated audio
- Command line options "-as"(auto start), -fs" (full screen)
"-swapsw" (swap spectrum/waterfall display), "-p profilename" (profiles)
Click on image to enlarge
Download the HDSDR software from the HDSDR website.
Back to top of page
Latest Propogation Data
Latest DX Spots
CQ CQ CQ
If you have a question or a comment. please do not hesitate to ask here.