My name is Jonathan Tucker. I have been a Ham Operator for over 20 years, currently holding an Extra Class license. My previous callsign when I was first licensed was KB8JDK. I enjoy operating on 10-80 meters SSB, PSK, and RTTY. I also enjoy SSTV and Digital SSTV. I am also taking a renewed interest in the various Digital Modes (OLIVIA, CONTESTIA, etc). One of the most interesting digital modes is HF FT8. Don't be surprised if you find me on 80m, 40m, and 20m working FT8. I just completed WAS on 80m, and almost have WAS on 40m and 20m. See you on the bands!
My website offers a number of resources where you can not only learn about my station, different operating modes, and search my QSO/QSL Card databases, but you can learn how I put some of my radios online, including SDR systems that use Single Board Computers (Raspberry Pi, Arduino, etc). I have also been adding recently a number of YouTube videos that are educational as well as informative. I even try to link to some nostalgic videos too!
My QTH is about 26 miles to the east/southeast of Cleveland, Ohio in a small community called Auburn Township in the county of Geauga. My home is on 2.5 acres at an altitude of 1207' ASL.
• EN91jj, CQ zone 4
• ITU zone 8.
• Coordinates: 41° 22' 30.61 " N, 81° 14' 45.16 " W
• My email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
• #1: Logbook of The World (LOTW) ==> Preferred Method
• #2: Direct (My address at QRZ.com is accurate)
• #3: Buro
• My policy on eQSL. I don't use it. So please don't rely on me to confirm with eQSL!
If you have any QSLing questions for me, please send me an email at email@example.com to let me know how to send QSL cards to you for DX contacts. Please feel free to look around, and drop me a note if you have any questions or comments.
I am also an aviation buff. I have always wanted to learn how to fly but that goal continues to elude me. I had the opportunity to fly home from Tokyo on the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner. After the flight, the pilot allowed me to sit in the co-pilot's seat to take my picture. Thank you United Airlines for the view!
• Leadership • General Management • People Development & Coaching • Product Marketing & Line Management • Product Roadmaps • Market Research & New Business Development • Global Market Experience • Capital Equipment & Solutions Selling
Besides Ham Radio, my interests include: Aviation, Ziplining, Warm Beaches, Hawaiian Sunsets, and developing web pages!
I am a member of LinkedIn and you can view my profile here.
Thanks for getting to know me!
de John, N8MDP
© 2019 , Jonathan Tucker N8MDP. All Rights Reserved.